jueves, 24 de setiembre de 2009

back

Greetings friends and followers!

Yes, I´m still alive. So why I haven´t I been writing? You see, my last post was in anticipation for the Hokies game with Alabama. After we lost, I feel into a deep state of depression...which fortunately came to an end this past week with a miraculous win vs. Nebraska (see video).



That, and during the hiatus I went on a 6 day excursion to the second largest city in Peru called Arequipa. It was one of those trips where I really had no idea what I was going to do or go, and I was just going take things as they came. Sometimes that can be a really bad idea and you might find yourself stuck in a hotel room with nothing to do, but not this time. I had such an incredible trip. I met some great people and had the most fun adventures. I´m sure I could write 10 posts about legitimitally interesting things that happend on that trip, but well that´s a lot of writing. I will however pick out a few feelings I experienced on the trips, yes...feelings.

Never before had I felt so close to the clouds. This just wasn´t a feeling, but was actually true. For most of the trip (I visited a few places), I was probably around 15,000ft altitude. I remember weaving through the mountains on a narrow dirt road, looking out the window and feeling like I could touch the clouds. That right there made me so happy to be on that trip. Feelings like that are priceless.

On my trip, I was able to see one of the most beautiful sites in nature. I witnessed (at 6am), the largest bird in the world (I think), the condor, gliding effortlessly through one of the deepest canyons in the world. The sun was rising, small birds were chirping, and there I was standing with my new friend Lina (who I had met just the other day), who had met up with me at my little hostel at 3:30 in the morning to take a two hour bus ride in order to catch a glimpse of the condor. It was so worth it. We agreed that we both felt closer to God when watching something like that.

Just after condor watching, we decided to start walking back on the road, hoping to flag down a bus, but in the mean time we would just walk. This was when it hit me that I was in the middle of nowhere Peru, really far away from everything I knew. I really felt like an adventurer. The sun was now warming up and the sky was a deep blue. All Lina and I could hear was nature and the sound of gravel under our feet. It was bliss. After 45 minutes or so a bus came and stopped for us. But I´ll tell you I could have walked that road for a long time and been perfectly content.

So where are the pictures? Well I have pictures, but don´t have a computer to put them on at the moment. Expect an upload next week sometime and hopefully more pictures will explain more stories.

Thanks for reading.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario